Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Seminar
Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing is the universally accepted method of communicating part requirements on engineering drawings. This seminar will help you understand and use this universal engineering language to eliminate many of the communication problems in the design-to-manufacturing cycle.
Benefits of Training
- A review of the basic language and system controls of geometrics
- How to apply geometrics to any manufactured product
- Learn how geometric dimensioning applies to your products
How the Program Works
This program features a combination of detailed description of each GD&T tolerance symbol along with in -class measurements of these tolerances using surface plates, dial indicators and other instruments to determine the features conformance to the ASME Y14.5 standard
- Fundamentals of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Basic Applications (no datums)
- Basic Applications (datum Reference)
- Maximum Material Condition
- Practical Applications through Hands- on Workshops
Training sessions are comprised of lecture, written exercises, group discussions and hands-on measurement workshops. Workshops materials include a copy of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing by Lowell Foster.
Who Should Attend
Draftspersons, tool designers, technical inspectors, mechanical engineering technicians, and machine shop and tool room supervisors. Manufacturing and project engineers, quality control team members, engineering managers or supervisors will also find this seminar beneficial.