Value Stream Management Seminar
This three-day workshop leads the students through the eight steps in planning, mapping, and sustaining Lean improvements This course examines why Value Stream Management is useful and describes the commitment that management must make to create a successful environment for Lean manufacturing.
Benefits of Training
At the end of the course you will have the tools required to
- Implement your own value stream analysis program
- Determine where your processes can be improved
- Locate bottlenecks and remove them
- Locate areas of wasted time and eliminate them
- Establish a value stream management system to apply to your products and processes
How the Program Works
This program features hands-on mapping workshops. Teams are established to study your existing manufacturing processes and apply the value stream techniques to identify how you can improve them. You will use your actual processes not preplanned exercises that are unrelated to your business.
- Making a Company Commitment to Lean Manufacturing
- Communications Between Management and the Workforce
- Key Management Activities
- Investing in Your People
- Transforming the Business Culture
- Continuous flow
- Takt Time
- Kan Ban Systems
- Current State Mapping
- Future State Mapping
- Setting up Charts
- Process Capability
Training sessions are comprised of lecture, written exercises, large and small group discussions, video recording of your actual manufacturing processes, PowerPoint and video presentations. Workshops materials include participant guide containing a well-organized series of templates and guidance that can be used in future value stream management projects.
Who Should Attend
Manufacturing managers and supervisors, engineering, and quality control managers involved in developing and operating a Lean program.