Harassment Prevention For Managers Seminar
The goal of this half-day workshop is to provide managers information and practices they need to recognize, prevent and properly handle harassment issues that can cause business disruptions, legal liability and poor employee morale.
Benefits of Harassment Prevention Training
- Reduced likelihood of harassing behavior in your workplace
- Increased knowledge of employer responsibilities and employee rights
- Managers who understand and can apply what is in your anti-harassment policy
- Managers more prepared to take action on inappropriate and illegal workplace behavior
How the Program Works
Through instruction and group interaction participants are alerted the risks of illegal harassment to both the manager and the company. They acquire suggestions of effective actions they can take to promote a respectful workplace free from harassment.
- Introduction and overview
- Identifying harassment: Written self-assessment and group discussion.
- Legal foundations of a policy against harassment: Key points of state and federal laws on harassment. Review and discussion of company’s anti-harassment policy.
- Recognizing and interrupting harassment: Case analysis and examination of examples of harassment behaviors in the workplace and how to effectively deal with them.
- Discussion of psychological impact of harassment
- Manager’s role in preventing and eliminating harassment: Question and answer segment to clarify supervisory responsibilities and role for maintaining a harassment free environment.
- Action steps
- Workshop summary and feedback
Training sessions consist of self-assessment, mini-lecture, small group exercises, case studies, question and answer and discussion.