Interviewing for Inclusion Seminar
The goal of this workshop is for managerial and human resources personnel to build necessary skills to identify and select the best possible talent for today’s work organizations. By recognizing and reducing potential bias in their hiring practices, participants can potentially increase the representation of employees of color and other under-represented groups in their workforce.
Benefits of Interviewing for Inclusion Training
- Become familiar with legal guidelines for non-discriminatory hiring
- Increased use of behavioral interviewing techniques
- Plan for inclusion
- How to recognize and reduce bias in hiring decisions
How the Program Works
Participants learn a competency approach to planning, conducting, and evaluating interviews with prospective employees. Workshop participants sharpen their understanding of potential legal pitfalls in the selection process; learn steps to ensure an inclusive, non-discriminatory hiring process that can provide their organization an expanded pool of well-qualified talent.
- Plan and evaluate selection interviews
- Describe legal risks in employment interviewing
- Examine sources of bias and the five key elements of non-biased interviewing.
- Demonstrate effective listening skills
- Screen for competencies necessary for selected positions
- Analyze resumes for relevant data
- Formulate questions to draw out and verify candidate experience
The material in this seminar is presented through mini-lecture, individual, small and large group exercises, role-playing, and group discussion. May include use of video. Available in half-day and one-day versions.