Managing Today’s Diverse Workforce Seminar
The goal of this workshop is to deepen managers’ understanding of diversity in the workplace and to stimulate the on-going process of building a respectful and inclusive workplace.
Benefits of Diversity Training
- Heighten awareness of issues, concerns and priorities of a diverse employee population
- Understand the business case for diversity
- Increase familiarity with non-discriminatory hiring, performance management, retention and employee development practices
How the Program Works
Through the use of structured exercises, self-assessment, and other methods, participants learn to clarify the manager’s role in dealing with workplace diversity and to provide concepts and skills for recruiting, managing and retaining a diverse workforce.
- Introduction and overview
- Explore dimensions of diversity in the workplace
- Identify ways to work with, motivate, and advance a culturally diverse staff
- Culturally competent performance management
- Draft action plan to support improved diversity practices within their work team
Training sessions consist of self-assessment, mini-lecture, small group exercises, case studies, question and answer and discussion. Available as half-day and one-day seminars.