English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Seminar
The goal of this course is to design a customized language program that meets the needs of your employees and organization.
Benefits of ESOL Training
Primary benefits include
- Improve individual English proficiency
- Increase communication competency
- Increase communication among staff
- Increased employee confidence
Secondary benefits include
- Increase employee satisfaction
- Improve job performance
- Increase understanding of the workplace environment and mission
- Increase cross-cultural understanding
How the Program Works
ESOL courses integrate conversation, pronunciation, grammar, reading and writing to increase communication competency. Vocabulary specific to the workplace is immersed in the lesson planning.
- Needs assessment to determine individual baseline levels of proficiency
- Preparation of a customized curriculum to meet workforce needs.
- Development of lesson plans that focus on an awareness and understanding of the workplace culture.
- Ongoing evaluations and support
- Resource development – state of the art materials
- Planning and Evaluation Team Meetings
On-site instruction to include classes (for three or more students) as well as tutorials. Sessions can range from group instruction to 1:1. Skills are practiced in groups, pair-work and individually, using hand-outs and/or ESOL workplace materials.